Our Diagnostic Imaging Team is the most comprehensive of a Private Veterinary Hospital in Spain. Vicente Cervera, a Diagnostic Imaging Specialist registered in the United States and in Europe, supervises and directs all of the studies and has the support of 3 highly qualified senior veterinarians to offer a comprehensive service every day of the year.
Este servicio cuenta con:
· Digital Radiology
· Magnetic Resonance
· State-of-the-art Color Doppler Ultrasound
· Videoendoscopy and Interventionism Procedures
Los veterinarios referentes pueden enviar a sus pacientes o solicitar el servicio de transporte gratuito para los estudios determinados. Los resultados son comunicados lo antes posible al finalizar el procedimiento y los informes son enviados por correo electrónico en 24 a 48 horas. En ningún caso el servicio de imagen ofrecerá la realización de otras pruebas a las que no haya sido referido el paciente sin la autorización del veterinario referente (con la excepción de ¡no poder localizar al veterinario y tratarse de una situación de máxima gravedad).
Vicente Cervera and Sergio Ródenas direct all of the referred studies for Diagnostic Imaging and Neurology.
We always have an experienced anesthesiologist, advanced monitoring equipment to minimize the risks and staff of the Diagnostic Imaging and Neurology service.
Magnetic Resonance represents a great advance in Diagnostic Imaging, mainly indicated in:
· Neurology: SNC provides a higher resolution and tissue contrast than CAT, especially in cases of venous thrombosis, infarctions and bleeding, spinal disorders, hernias, stenosis and tumors.
· Oncology: It is very sensitive to tumor alterations of any kind and organ. It provides us the best information, at any stage, for its surgical planning.
· Cardiovascular: Morphological and vascular characterizations of the heart, large vessels, study of thromboembolisms and renal angiographies.
· Traumatology: Muscular or skeletal injuries, ligaments, tendons and joints. It is the most reliable method to study meniscus, ligaments and cartilage in a bloodless form.
· Pelvic Abdomen: It is the best test to study the liver, adrenals, kidneys, pancreas, uterus and appendages; being able to carry out a urography without contrast.
The MRI service schedule is Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., being able to carry out emergency studies any day at any time.
Due to the need to perform the study under general anesthesia, it is advisable to carry out a pre-anesthetic study that can be done by the referral center or in our own center, only if necessary.
The study lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.
The results are usually delivered to the referring veterinarian in 24 to 48 hours, providing immediate diagnostic information where necessary.
The cost of the MRI is 450€ (VAT included), in addition there is a visit pack for the neurology service, CSF extraction and MRI for 550€ (VAT included).
It is essential to request a previous appointment by calling 96 120 38 05, extension 1. The reception personnel will answer your call from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Outside these hours or in the case of an emergency, dial extension 2, asking for an Image Service Veterinarian.